The Department of Biotechnology was established in the year 2002. The prime focus of the course to impart the required skills and knowledge to the students. It is offered along with Chemistry, Botany and Zoology in two combinations, C B Bt and C Z Bt. A hundred and two students are enrolled in the department. This course will introduce you to the challenging aspects of genetic processes recurring in nature, which led to the birth and growth of Biotechnology and its allied areas of specialization: Genetic Engineering, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Microbial Technology, Gene Cloning, Cell biology, Environment Biotechnology, Animal and Plant Biotechnology.
Objectives & Goals
- To enter into collaborations more and more with the industries / institutions in the field of Biotechnology.
- Arrange more number of Guest lectures.
- Start more number of Student Research projects.
- Start a Journal club to inculcate interest in the students about research.
- Introduce the students to most recent technological aspects in Biotechnology.
- Guide students towards better career prospects.
- Our mission is to train students to be competent Biotechnologists who will be able to apply principles of life sciences to solve a wide array of problems in biotechnology. Graduates will be competent in areas such as plant and animal biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, environmental biotechnology and biomolecular engineering.
- To Promote Technological Innovations for Sustainable Development Through Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Research.
- To enhance the capabilities of acquiring the knowledge and skills applying them for the betterment of mankind.
- To promote programmes and projects in Biotechnology to meet requirements of the field.
- Encouraging research culture in faculty and students.
- Exposure to the different disciplines which have been revolutionized by Biotechnology.
- Finally, our vision is to be a centre excellence in Biotechnology research and training that will train the most needed manpower in the various fields of biotechnology to meet the increasing demand