About BHM department
KLES Institute of Hotel Management is one of the premier institution to have launched hospitality education programme way back in 1991, affiliated to Bangalore University, approved by AICTE. BHM is a self-financed course of KLE. Since 25 years of existence, we have churned out 21 batches of alumni network touch the shores of prominent countries. Our college enjoys an excellent industry-institution relationship. The uniqueness of our programme is the harmonious blend of theory and practicals, theory by faculty of industry background and workshops by experts from industry.
- the 3 year BHM Degree Programme established in 1991
- commenced first batch of 4 years programme from the year 2000-01.
- CBCS Scheme effective 2015-16 onwards
BHM program exposes the students through comprehensive and intensive sessions spread over four years. While interactive learning aims at promoting a wide knowledge base, the students are encouraged to analyse, anticipate, innovate and prepare for a challenging career in the hospitality industry
Goals and objectives of the Department
- Offer Hospitality and Catering Course recognized nationally and internationally that attract quality students as well as the outstanding faculty and staff who contribute to overall excellence of the Department.
- Produce graduates who are well respected and highly sought after by their respective professions.
- Empower students, faculty, and staff to achieve fulfilling personal and professional lives through education and a sustained culture of respect, cooperation, problem solving and in the bargain setting parameter in Hospitality.
- Assume a vital role in professional and local community activities through engagement and partnership.
- Actively support institutional mission through facilitation of departmental activities and appropriate resources.
Eligibility criteria for admission
Pass in PUC, +2 or its equivalent in any discipline.
Infrastructure of the Department
The department has well established state-of-the-art labs for practical training.
- F&B Production Labs – 02 (QTK/BTK)
- Bakery & Confectionery – 01
- Restaurants – 02
- Front Office –01
- Housekeeping (Guest rooms)-02
- Computer Lab-01
There is a separate girls and boys locker room, laundry, store room, and satellite library.
Landline: 080 23320910
Fax: 080 23320902