- Department of History established in the year 1963
- Experienced faculty members, dedicated teaching profession, involvement in carrying out various curricular co-curricular activities in the department
- In 2010-11 one student got II Rank in the Bangalore university B.A. Examination.
- Awareness programme carried out regularly by visiting Various Governmental Institutions.
- Projects on Administration of Taluk Panchayath
- Students Research project regularly undertaken by final year B.A. students by visiting various place concerned to Research project.
Goals and objectives of the Department –
- Encouraging curricular and Co-curricular activities.
- Providing value based education to cultivate civic consciousness in the middle of the students.
Eligibility criteria for admission:
- II PUC Pass with minimum marks of 40%