Students who have done their Specialization in Physics are actually highly sought after. The Physics education emphasizes problem solving and abstract thinking and this training makes the Physics graduates very desirable employees in a wide variety of areas including education, research, and finance. These fundamental skills as well as training in practical subjects such as optics, Lasers, Acoustics and Electronics also make them very desirable employees in high tech companies.
After B.Sc in Physics students have a number of options. Students can do B.Ed course and go into teaching in Schools. Students can be Scientific Assistants, a field that is in much demand today. They can also find jobs in Defence services, sales and marketing etc. They are eligible for various competitive exams like UPSC. State Service etc. They can get into Post graduation and then take up research in Indian Institute of Science, Indian Institute of Astrophysics, Raman research Institute Bangalore.
- Department of Physics was established in the Year 1963.
- The department is providing quality education in physics to the students from its inception.
- Physics Labs are upgraded to the needs of students in conducting experiments effectively from time to time.
- Science exhibitions are conducted to the neighboring school and college students highlighting basic concepts in physics with relevant working models.
- Glass synthesis unit was established to carry out research in glass science by acquiring programmable electric furnace, high accurate Refractrometer and other necessary supporting instruments.
- M.Sc. in Physics Course was started from 2012-13 affiliated to Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- To produce excellent Graduates and Post graduates in physics by providing
- value based , need based and career oriented education
- To build a solid foundation in all aspects of physics
- To Adapt and Excel
- To show broad spectrum of modern trends in physics and to develop experimental, computational and mathematical skills of students
- To create awareness about scientific temper
- To motivate students to take-up mini projects to cultivate research culture
- To encourage students to give in-house seminars to build self confidence.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
A candidate who has passed the two years Pre-University Examination conducted by the Pre-University Education Board in Karnataka or any other examination considered as equivalent shall be eligible for admission to B.Sc. (PCM, PME, PMCs) programmes. Candidate to opt Physics should have studied Mathematics in addition to Physics at the qualifying examination.
A candidate, who has passed the B.Sc. Degree examination of Bangalore University or of any other university recognized as equivalent, shall be eligible for admission, provided he / she has studied Physics and Mathematics as any two of three cognate subjects and has scored at least 50% aggregate marks in the optional subjects.