Zoology is a popular basic life science which covers all aspects of life like Morphology, Cytology, Physiology, Embryology, Genetics, Evolution, Ecology, Human health and Welfare etc.
Department has adequate, qualified and experienced faculty to guide and motivate the students.
Zoology is such a diverse discipline that there is not any professional society that covers all branches of zoology in a dominant manner. Zoology serves as a valuable foundation to many students for understanding Human Physiology, Anatomy, Genetics, Embryology and Pathology.
- To guide students to acquire knowledge about animal diversity and conservation.
- To develop scientific temper and inquisitiveness for research.
- To create social awareness on cancer, AIDS, pollution, protection of endangered species and biodiversity.
- To impart ethics and human values.
- Holistic development of students to pursue academic excellence to get better placement.
To provide value based, need based and career oriented education to meet the challenges of the world.
A pass in II PUC in any discipline of Karnataka State or an equivalent(10+2)