NCC organization, which aims at infusing discipline, self-confidence, self reliability and above all patriotism in the minds of the youth was started in our college in 1965 since then NCC of K.L.E. Society, S. Nijalingappa College has been actively involved in encouraging and developing its unit. It has many achievements to its credit.
The aims are achieved through two types of training / activities. They are as below:
- Institutional Training – Weekly
- Camp Training – During Vacation
INSTITUTIONAL TRAINING :
It is carried out as weekly parades at the college parade ground on every Sunday from 7.15 AM to 11.15 AM as well as at 1 KAR BN NCC parade ground Bangalore. The attendance of the cadets is above 90% (Satisfactory).
It is organized at different hierarchy to impart collective practical training in different subjects to the cadets to develop their initiative, self confidence and leadership qualities.
FOLLOWING ARE THE TYPES OF CAMP TRAINING:
- Combined Annual Training Camp [CATC]
- Basic Leadership Camp / Thal Sainik Camp.
- Advance Leadership Camp.
- National Integration Camp.
- All India Trekking / Expedition.
- All India Mountaineering / Rock Climbing.
- Cycle Expedition.
- Republic Day Camp.
- Army Attachment Camp.
- Pre R. D. Camp.